Gianni Versace S.p.A. usually referred to as Versace is an Italian fashion label founded by Gianni Versace in 1978. After the death of Gianni Versace, his sister, Donatella, changed the name to Versace. The label two main lines are "Gianni Versace" the ready-to-wear (RTW) collection and "Atelier Versace" (Versace Workshop) which is a haute couture collection.
During Lady Gaga's rise to fame in 2008 and 2009, she was spotted wearing many Versace sunglasses such as the updated model 676 in color number 900. In 2011, Donatella Versace opened up the archives to Lady Gaga who picked some outfits to wear during a month and for her music video for "The Edge of Glory".
Versace Couture (Ready-to-wear)
The label main line also known as Gianni Versace Couture or Versace Couture which are ready-to-wear (RTW) collections shown during Milan Fashion Week.
Spring/Summer 1991 Collection
Fall/Winter 1991 Collection
Spring/Summer 1992 Collection
Fall/Winter 1992 Collection
Spring/Summer 1992 Collection
Spring/Summer 1994 Collection
Fall/Winter 1996 Collection
Fall/Winter 2001 Collection
Spring/Summer 2009 Collection
Spring/Summer 2011 Collection
Fall/Winter 2011 Collection
Fall/Winter 2012 Collection
Pre-Fall 2013 Collection
Fall/Winter 2013 Collection
Fall 2014 Collection
Spring/Summer 2014 Collection
- Lady Gaga wears a gown, a necklace, and six rings by Versace.
- Lady Gaga wears jeans, a belt, two necklaces, and eleven rings by Versace.
- This 3nd look was cut from the final campaign.
- Lady Gaga wears a bra, a skirt, a belt, sandals, eleven rings, sunglasses, and a handbag by Versace.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress, a harness, and seven rings by Versace.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress, pumps, a necklace, nine rings, and four handbags around her by Versace.
Versace Spring/Summer 2014 advertising campaign
Marcus explained to Style magazine that they wanted Gaga to look like Donatella Versace for the shoot. He recalled that they didn't know the concept a few weeks before the shoot which at the time, Donatella revealed to them that Gaga wrote a song called Donatella. The song gave them the idea of transforming Gaga into Donatella for the shoot.
- Was it intentional to make Lady Gaga look like a mini Donatella Versace in the campaign?
- MA: Yeah! We were like, “What are we gonna do for Lady Gaga?” She’s done every amazing look. She’s been every kind of monster. But a few weeks before the shoot, Donatella told me that Gaga did a song called “Donatella,” and we said, “Oh, my God. This is it! She’s Donatella! She’s got to be Donatella!”
- What was Donatella’s reaction when she saw Lady Gaga in her image?
- MP: She loved it.
- MA: She was so much fun. We listened to the song “Donatella” so loud on set, and on one side there was Donatella, and on the other side was Donatella. At one point, I said, “I think we should do the hair like this.” And then Gaga said, “Would Donatella wear it like that?” And Donatella said, “Yes, she would wear it like that.”