Steven Klein (born on April 30, 1965 in Rhode Island) is an American photographer based in New York. After studying painting at the Rhode Island School of Design, he moved into the field of photography. Klein shot high-profile advertising campaigns for various clients including Calvin Klein, Dolce & Gabbana, Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen and Nike and is a regular contributor to magazines including American and Paris Vogue, i-D, Numéro, W and Arena. His work has featured in numerous exhibitions, as Gagosian Gallery, California and the Brancolini Grimaldi Gallery in Florence. Steven Klein is well known for his W Magazine editorials with Madonna, Tom Ford, Brad Pitt and numerous others.
Work with Lady Gaga
- For the music video, see "Alejandro"
- Location — Pier59 Studios West, Los Angeles
- Camera — Canon EOS-1Ds Mark III
- Art director — Matthew Williams (Haus of Gaga)
- Fashion director — Nicola Formichetti (Haus of Gaga)
- Hair — Eugene Souleiman
- Make up — Val Garland
- Nails — Kimmie Kyees
- Outfit by Atsuko Kudo
- Photograph from the set of "Alejandro" Music video shot on April 30, 2010. Klein described the video as "[It is] about a woman's desire to resurrect a dead love and who can not face the brutality of her present situation. The pain of living without your true love."
February 19 & 20, 2012
- For more information, see "Fame".
- Location — The Studios at Paramount, Soundstage
- Makeup artist — Tara Savelo (Haus of Gaga)
- Hair stylist — Frederic Aspiras (Haus of Gaga)
- Fashion director — Brandon Maxwell (Haus of Gaga)
- [A]: Gaga: Mask by Jac Langheim. Little men (dancers): Mask by Rein Vollenga, underwear by Male Power.
- [B]: Hat and mask by Philip Treacy, custom bodysuit by Jac Langheim, shoes by Atalanta Weller.
- Lady Gaga wears a custom bodysuit by Jac Langheim, mask and hat by Philip Treacy and shoes by Pleaser.
- Lady Gaga wears a custom outfit by Rachael Barrett and shoes by Pleaser.
- Lady Gaga wears a bodysuit by Mugler and the second scene a custom outfit by Tex Saverio.
- Lady Gaga wears a crown by Salvatore Salamone and a custom liquid dress by Bart Hess and the second scene a custom neckpiece by Alexis Bittar.
In two days, the crew shot the campaign video for "Fame" and did a photoshoot for the promotional image. The "safe version" as described by Klein of the campaign film was released on September 13, 2012 . In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Klein revealed that he made a director's cut of the film which include the full scene where Gaga "Kills all the boys, like a massacre". At the moment of release of the article in 2012, there was no clear plans on when it will be released.
- Official ads made in the uncensored and censored versions.
- Variation of this photograph is seen on the paper shopping bags.
"EAU DE GAGA"
- For more information, see "EAU DE GAGA".
The Born This Way Ball
- Album and Single artworks
- Lady Gaga wears a coat by John Galliano, a bra, skirt and headpiece by Gail Be Designs with Swarovski crystals and rings by Lynn Ban.
- Album and Single artworks
- Magazines and newspapers
- Promos only
November 2-3 and 25, 2015
- Lady Gaga wears an outfit by Alexander McQueen and gloves by Augustin Teboul.
- Lady Gaga wears a glove by Shaun Leane, rings by Lynn Ban and w/ Daphne Guinness, an outfit by Alexander McQueen.
- Lady Gaga wears a headpiece by Philip Treacy, stockings by Wolford and w/ Daphne Guinness an outfit and platforms by McQueen.
- Lady Gaga wears a headpiece by Philip Treacy x Alexander McQueen.
- Lady Gaga wears a jacket and platforms by McQueen, a shirt by Givenchy x McQueen, a garter belt by What Katie Did, stockings by Falke, a headpiece by Philip Treacy and rings by Lynn Ban.
- Lady Gaga wears a jacket and platforms by Alexander McQueen, a bustier by Deborah Marquit, an earring by Fallon, brooches and rings by CZ x Kenneth Jay Lane, a diamond ring by Casa Reale and gloves by Majesty Black.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress and platforms by McQueen and a headpiece by Philip Treacy.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress and coat by Alexander McQueen and jewelry by Guinness.