Lobster Eye is a creative direction studio based in London, created in 2016 by Ruth Hogben and Andrea Gelardin on the key principles of "innovation and excellence" who's goal is to "portray women as powerful human beings". Both Hogben and Gelardin previously worked with Nick Knight and SHOWstudio. Lobster Eye worked as the primary creative director for Lady Gaga's fifth studio album Joanne.
- Working on behalf of client Lady Gaga, within less than a year the studio has rapidly re-established the visual codes associated with one of the world's most popular recording artists, producing a string of incendiary live appearances...
Works with Lady Gaga
Lobster Eye was responsible for the creative direction of Lady Gaga's performance in 2016-2017, including stage and outfit design.
- Main article: Perfect Illusion
- Lady Gaga wears an outfit by Faustine Steinmetz, boots by Balenciaga, and earrings by Alexis Bittar.
- Main article: Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival
Lobster Eye was responsible for the creative direction of Lady Gaga's headlining set at Coachella in April of 2017, including stage design, photography, and film. Several interludes and an intro were filmed for the set, including visuals for "The Cure".
- Main article: Joanne World Tour
Lobster Eye, in collaboration with Gaga herself, was responsible for the branding and design of merchandise for the Joanne World Tour, as well as various interludes that were filmed for use during the tour.
- Lobster Eye's Instagram campaign
- Lady Gaga wears pantashoes by Balenciaga, a beret by Eugenia Kim, and four watches by Tudor.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress by Givenchy, and pumps by Manolo Blahnik.
- Lady Gaga wears (underneath) a silk dress by Wixson, and a robe by Louis Vuitton.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress by Marc Jacobs, and a necklace by Hearts On Fire.
- Lady Gaga wears a dress by Christopher Kane, boots by Pleaser, a beret by Eric Javits, and jewelry by Tiffany & Co..
- Location - Malibu, CA
- Camera - NIKON D850 by Nikon Corporation
- Creative director - Stephen Gan
- Styling - Nicola Formichetti, Tom Eerebout and Sandra Amador
- Hair stylist - Frederic Aspiras
- Make-up artist - Sarah Nicole Tanno
- Manicure artist - Miho Okawara