- At all stadium shows, Gaga did not perform "Bloody Mary", "Dancin' in Circles" and "Paparazzi".
- At the August 19, 2017 show in Omaha, Nebraska, Gaga performed "Yoü and I" after "Come to Mama".
- Also at the August 19, 2017 show, an instrumental was played after the Oxygen Mask Film and before "Applause". It's believed it was due Gaga not being finished with her costume change.
- At the November 19, 2017 show in Washington, D.C., Gaga opened the show with a televised performance of "The Cure". "The Cure" was not performed after "Bad Romance" during this show.
- At the December 3, 2017 show in Houston, Texas, Gaga performed "Grigio Girls" before "Million Reasons" in dedication of her late friend, Sonja.
- At the December 12 show in Denver, Colorado, Gaga chanted the snippet "show me your teeth, teeth, teeth, teeth!" from Teeth after arriving at the B stage once she finished performing Applause
- Also at the December 12 show in Denver, Colorado, Gaga sang a quick snippet of Hey Girl while traveling to the B stage to sing Million Reasons. This was because she saw a sign referencing the song.
- At the January 18, 2018 show in Milan, Italy, Gaga performed a snippet of "Donatella," to honor Donatella Versace who was in the audience that night.
- At the January 20, 2018 show in Amsterdam, Gaga performed snippets of "So Happy I Could Die" and "Mary Jane Holland".
- At the January 22, 2018 show in Antwerp, Gaga performed a snippet of "So Happy I Could Die".
- At the January 31, 2018 show in Birmingham, there was a stage malfunction and "Scheiße" was performed twice"
- At the February 1, 2018 show in Birmingham, there was also a stage malfunction causing "Bad Romance" to be stopped mid-performance and restarted.
|DJ White Shadow||August 13, 2017 at AT&T Park|
|August 25, 2017 at Wrigley Field|
|August 28-29, 2017 at Citi Field|
|September 1-2, 2017 at Fenway Park|
|||Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018||Orange and Teal Waves||Main Hairstyle|
|||Nov 3, 2017-Feb 1, 2018||Wavy Orange and Teal Updo||Act I|
|||Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018||Messy Orange and Teal Updo||Act V|
|||Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018||Orange and Teal Half Up/Down||Act V-VII (Aug 1-Sept 11, 2017)|
|||Nov 3, 2017-Feb 1, 2018||"Wet" Orange and Teal Hair||Act VII|
As the end of the video countdown approaches, the screen located at the front of she stage rises to reveal a back-lit Gaga on a risen platform in the middle of the stage. She performs the entire song on the platform with a microphone stand among pink lights and smoke. The spotlight hits Gaga during the song's bridge, revealing her face to the audience for the first time. The song ends with Gaga's silhouette just before she removes her jacket.
Two platforms on Gaga's sides rise to her level with female dancers and guitar players. The dancers hand Gaga her guitar and she plays the song as the platforms move up and down. Female dancers perform the choreography while Gaga interacts with her band members. The song ends with Gaga and her guitar players at the front of the stage.
Male and female dancers join Gaga onstage. All platforms on the stage are risen. The song is performed with choreography as the platforms tilt from side to side.
Gaga is left alone onstage with only her band. The song is performed in traditional rock-show style with Gaga whipping her hair and interacting with her band members. The second verse and chorus are cut from the song. The act ends with Gaga descending from the front of the stage and an extended outro of the song is played. Additionally, Gaga can be heard singing the rest of the song from underneath the stage.
- Custom crystal leather jacket by Zaldy (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom crystal cowboy hat by Gladys Tamez (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom fringed leather leotard with crystal tattoo embroidery by Alexander Wang (Aug 1, 2017-Sept 11, 2017)
- Tattoo embroidered crystal shirt with metallic sleeves and headband by Natali Germanotta (Nov 3, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Black metal mesh crop top and shorts by Michael Schmidt (Nov 3, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
The screen descends down to the front of the stage. Gaga is seen wearing her iconic Joanne hat while driving around an empty parking lot in a convertible. Bright pink smoke engulfs the car and the video ends with Gaga exiting the car and walking into the distance.
The screen projects fire while Gaga's dancers enter the stage carrying her hat. Gaga pops out of the toaster lift at the front of the stage where the dancer hands her her hat. The screen ascends to the from the stage and the song is performed with choreography while fire is blown from the back of the stage.
Gaga removes her hat and speaks to the crowd about the meaning of the song. She then moves to the back of the stage as the platforms begin to rise. Gaga and the dancers perform the choreography as the platforms tilt and shift. The bridge and final chorus are cut from the song. The song ends with Gaga doing the choreography by herself on the stage.
The rear platform rises with Gaga on it as she removes her fringe sleeves and skirt. Gaga performs the song with choreography while three male dancers join her on the level of the stage. The bridge and final chorus are cut from the song. Gaga exits the stage on a lift and the rear of the stage while the screen once again descends and an extended outro of the song is played.
- Custom latex fringe sleeves and skirt by Vex Clothing (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Bianca hat by Gladys Tamez (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Sheer catsuit by Pam Hogg (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
Act IIIIan McKenzie also appears in the film with rhino horns.
- Vintage white t-shirt
- Black t-shirt by Saint Laurent
- Flat link necklace and chain choker by Martine Ali
- Earrings by Justine Clenquet
- Hat by Gladys Tamez
An extended intro of the song is played. Gaga can be seen rising from a lift at the back of the stage playing her keytar. One of her dancers holds her microphone while she plays the keytar and sings the first verse of the song with minimal choreography. After there first chorus, she removes the keytar and joins her dancers with the choreography. The Colby O'Donis verse and last chorus are cut from the song.
One of Gaga's dancers hand her the newest version of her Disco Stick (as seen at Super Bowl 51). Gaga and her dancers perform the song with it's original choreography. On later dates, the second verse and chorus of the song are cut.
Gaga removes her bolero and moves towards the back of the stage where she is risen on a platform. The dancers are risen on surrounding platforms and the song is performed with choreography. Only Gaga's verse is performed in addition to the chorus. An extended outro is played as Gaga dances off the stage.
- Custom pearl encrusted denim bodysuit and bolero by Zaldy (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom pearl encrusted denim boots by Andre No. 1 (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Starting on September 1, Gaga takes off the bolero to perform "Telephone".
- On Nov 3, 2017, Swarovski crystals were added to the ensemble.
- Dress by Olya Kosterina
- Robe by MaryMe-Jimmy Paul
- Long fringe leather jacket by Olima
- Black hat by Gladys Tamez
Before Gaga appears onstage, the DJ White Shadow remix begins to play as the suspended bridges above the crowd are lowered from the ceiling for the first time. For the majority of the song, Gaga and her dancers perform the choreography while crossing the bridges and stopping at the circle stages. The song concludes on the metallic piano stage at the opposite end of the venue.
Gaga takes a seat at her piano and talks to the audience about equality. By this point, the bridges have been raised back up into the ceiling and flattened out into projection screens. Gaga performs the song at the piano while her dancers surround her and perform minimal choreography. On the screens, live footage of Gaga can be seen surrounded by mouths inside of flowers that sing along with the music.
Gaga's dancers walk back to the main stage area alongside the crowd. Gaga is left alone at the piano on the B stage where she performs an acoustic rendition of the song. Towards the end of the song, Gaga's dancers return to the B stage.
One of Gaga's dancers places a tulle skirt on her as the intro to the song plays. Gaga is risen up on a platform where she performs the majority of the song with choreography. The bridges are then lowered and she and her dancers return to the main stage. An extended outro of the song is played as Gaga slowly exits the stage.
- Floral-sleeved black velvet catsuit by Michael Velasquez (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom velvet military ankle boots by Giuseppe Zanotti (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Layered tulle skirt by Viktor and Rolf (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom floral coat by Richard Quinn (Aug 19, 2017)
The screen on the main stage is once again lowered. Gaga is seen sandwiched between two walls which change of color that gradually begin to close in on her. She can be seen screaming but no sound is heard.
The screen rises as the intro to the song begins. Gaga and her dancers are seen scattered along ramp made of the tilted platforms, with Gaga being at the highest point. The dancers perform the choreography as Gaga slowly makes her way down the ramp, joining them sporadically. During the bridge, Gaga's dancers surround her and remove her oversized coat to reveal a red bodysuit. The song ends with the bridges being lowered from the ceiling and Gaga standing at the front of the stage. During earlier shows, one of Gaga's dancers removed her patented leather blouse. In more recent shows, the blouse is not worn and a red hat with roses hanging from it is placed on her head. The second verse and chorus are cut from the song.
Gaga and her dancers walk over the bridges to the second circle stage while she talks to the audience about the album. The song is then performed with choreography, which involves Gaga and the dancers twirling around the stage and facing all angles of the arena. About halfway through the song Gaga lets her hair down.
Gaga sings the first verse of the song a cappella before restarting the song with the music. Gaga and her dancers perform the first verse and chorus with choreography. The instrumental continues to play but Gaga stops singing after the first chorus. She is carried by a dancer onto a bridge and "beaten" by him. The dancers exits to the main stage and Gaga is left lying on the bridge as it ascends into the ceiling. Sirens are heard and emergency red crosses are projected onto the other bridges.
- Custom red sleeping bag coat with 10ft. train by Norma Kamali (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Red mask by Philip Treacy (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom red patent leather blouse with bow accents by Drome (Aug 1, 2017-Sept 11, 2017)
- Patent leather gloves with bow accents by Drome (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Boots with bow accents by Andre No. 1 (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Sheer crystal bodysuit by Haus of Gaga
- Custom Bianca hat with rose vines by Gladys Tamez (Nov 3, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
Note: These costume pieces were not worn during stadium/outdoor shows.
The song begins as the bridge descends back down into the arena. Gaga is seen in a spotlight, having made a costume change high above the crowd. The song is performed as the bridge makes its way down to the level of the stages. The second verse and chorus are cut from the song.
Gaga makes her way to one of the circular stages where her guitar and a stool are waiting for her. She explains to the audience who Joanne was and the importance of the album's name in her family. She performs the majority of the song on the circle stage and eventually meets two of her guitar players on the main stage to finish off the performance. She and the guitar players play an extended outro to the song.
- Custom distressed denim fringe robe with hand-painted lyrics by Natali Germanotta (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom wide brim fedora with feather and hand-painted lyrics by Gladys Tamez and Natali Germanotta (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
The screen descends back down to the front of the stage and a black and white close-up of Gaga's face appears. Throughout the video, purple paint is seen dripping in reverse up Gaga's face. At the end of the interlude, Gaga smears the paint all over her face.
The screen rises to reveal Gaga and her dancers on the main stage. Throughout the performance, the platforms rise and tilt with clips from the music video playing underneath them. The song is performed with choreography. At the end of the song, Gaga is left on the only platform that remains higher than the rest of the stage. Her dancers carry her from the platform to the front of the stage where the song ends and sparks and fire are shot from the back of the stage. The French segment of the bridge is cut from the song.
Gaga's dancers help her remove her bustier. Gaga usually reads a letter that a fan has thrown onto the stage at this time and proceeds to go into the crowd to hug him/her. She then returns to the stage where she and her dancers perform the song with choreography. By the end of the song, Gaga is the only remaining performer. She says goodnight to the crowd and flashes them a peace sign as she walks off the stage.
- Bow bustier by Zaldy (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Feather mask by Stephen Jones (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Ankle lace-up boots with crystal ankle strap by Giuseppe Zanotti (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Crystal mesh bodysuit by Zaldy (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
An extended intro to the song is played as Gaga makes her costume change and walks across the bridges to the piano stage. She thanks the crowd and begins to play the song on the piano. The first and second verse and chorus are played acoustically on the piano. The band joins her for the bridge and final chorus. Gaga stands on her piano and interacts with the crowd during the last chorus. As her piano begins to descend under the stage, she takes off her hat and leaves it on her piano bench. After Gaga has exited the stage, a single spotlight is shined onto the hat before the house lights come on.
- Custom floor length Swarovski crystals coat by Michael Schmidt (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Joanne hat by Gladys Tamez (Aug 1, 2017-Feb 1, 2018)
- Custom silver crystal jumpsuit by Juicy Couture (Nov 3, 2017)
- Custom "Vogue" cover art bodysuit and boots by Donatella Versace (Jan, 18, 2018)
Stadium Show Changes
- A runway connects the main stage to the piano stage. In addition, the circle stages and the bridges were absent.
- The screen which ascends and descends at the front of the stage is located in a stationary position behind the band.
- Fireworks are shot into the sky above the stage during select songs.
- Two portrait style screens are placed on both sides of the stage.
- Seats are located on the floor, with the general admission pit only around the runway and main stage area.
- Gaga performs "Applause" and "Born This Way" on the runway, rather than the bridges and circle stages.
- Act V. is completely cut from the set.
- The Trapped Film is played before "Angel Down".
- Gaga performs "Angel Down" on the main stage.
- Gaga performs "Joanne" on the runway and the main stage.
- Rather than leaving her hat on the piano bench, Gaga places it on a mic stand located on the main stage before ending the show.
- At the Citi Field show on August 29, 2017, the platforms on the main stage were malfunctioning and therefore not used during the show. In addition, Gaga performed in the pouring rain on this night and black piano was used instead of her usual metallic rainbow piano.