Deborah Lippmann is a celebrity manicurist. She has her own line of nail polishes with names inspired by the titles of popular songs. To supplement existing nail-polish formulations and colors, she has collaborated with a chemist to create new ones.
Deborah Lippmann Collection[edit | edit source]
Nail lacquer collection by Deborah Lippmann.
- "Waking Up in Vegas" (Grey, creme)
- "Fashion" (Taupe, creme)
- "Lady Is a Tramp" (Sanguine red, creme): used on top.
- "Fade to Black" (Vinyl record, creme): used on the underside.
- "Yellow Brick Road" (Mellow yellow, sheer)
- "Bad Romance" (Blackened fuchsia, glitter): shade inspired by Lady Gaga.
- "Edge of Glory 3D Holographic Lacquer box" (Gaga's Workshop at Barney's)
Work with Lady Gaga[edit | edit source]
Photoshoots[edit | edit source]
Music Videos[edit | edit source]
For one of the nail looks she requested that Deborah give her double nails. Imagine one nail on top of the other, in a sort of bird beak configuration–this was achieved using tips one on top of the other with a small dab of acrylic on the nail bed to hold it on. Gaga called one nail the host and the other the parasite.