DJ White Shadow (born Paul Blair) is a producer, disc jockey and sound engineer based out of Chicago, Illinois. He is a producer on Lady Gaga's third album, Born This Way as well as her fourth album, ARTPOP.
Blaire grew up in Ohio, but spent his school years in Detroit. He started DJing when he was 17 in Japan and made some popular remixes that appeared around the internet.
Work with Lady Gaga
|“||Gaga was listening to my mixtapes after someone she knew heard me DJ in a club in L.A. One day Gaga e-mailed me and asked me if I made my own beats. I said yes, sent her some, and she hit me back, this time on the phone, asking if I wanted to work with her on some stuff. I said okay.||”|
—DJ White Shadow, Billboard
They started working together during The Monster Ball Tour because he was a consultant for the musical interludes. After that, they collaborated on Gaga's third album for more than a year. He is credited as co-producer for the song, "Born This Way", along with Fernando Garibay and Gaga.
Production with Lady Gaga
He worked with Lady Gaga on the following song(s):
Songs from Born This Way (2011):
- "Bad Kids"
- "Black Jesus † Amen Fashion"
- "Bloody Mary"
- "Born This Way"
- "The Edge of Glory"
- "Electric Chapel"
- "Government Hooker"
- "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)"
Songs from ARTPOP (2013):
Songs from A Star Is Born soundtrack (2018):
- "Look What I Found"
- "Heal Me"
- "Is That Alright?"
- "Why Did You Do That?"
- "Hair Body Face"
- "Before I Cry"
Songs currently unreleased:
- "Stuck on Fuckin' You" (2011)
- "Cake Like Lady Gaga" (2012)
- "In Like With You" (2012)
- "Brooklyn Nights" (2012)
- "Ratchet" (with Lady Gaga and Azealia Banks vocals) (2012)
- "TEA" (2012)
- "SiRE" (2012)
Songs by Lady Gaga that he remixed:
- "Scheiße" (DJ White Shadow "Mugler" Remix) (2011)
- White Shadow created a medley incorporating remixes of "Scheiße", "Government Hooker", and "Born This Way" for the Mugler runway shows (2011)
- "Born This Way" (DJ White Shadow Remix) (2011)
- "Judas" (DJ White Shadow Remix) (2011)
- "Government Hooker" (DJ White Shadow "Mugler" Remix) (2011)
- He remixed "Black Jesus † Amen Fashion" for the 2012 Spring/Summer Mugler runway show (2011)
- "Applause" (DJ White Shadow Trap Remix) (2013)
- "Applause" (DJ White Shadow Electrotech Remix) (2013)
- "Do What U Want" (DJWS Remix) (2013)
- "Do What U Want" (DJ White Shadow Remix) (2013)
- "Perfect Illusion" (DJWS Remix) (Unreleased/2016)
After Monstervision episode 8, DJ White Shadow started a video blog called "DJWS Vision"
- Shadow's official website launched on May 23, 2011, the day of release of Born This Way.
- DJ White Shadow also has a booking agency of his own; which is home to many of the top DJs in the country called The Music Trust, based in his hometown of Chicago, IL. (www.themusictrust.com)