Akon (born Aliaune Thiam) grew up in Senegal before he and his family (including his father, jazz percussionist, Momar Thiam) eventually settled in the United States of America, in the state of New Jersey.
Relationship with Lady GagaEdit
While Lady Gaga was working as a song writer at Interscope Records, Akon recognized her vocal talent and signed her to his own label Kon Live Distribution. In a radio interview (Sway in the Morning) in 2014, Akon was asked about his current involvement with Gaga:
- “Actually I cashed out. I got out while the gooding was hot. It’s like a business, you build it to sell it. When I got it to the peak of where I felt it couldn’t go nowhere, and there was nowhere left to go but down, I cashed out, in other words I sold my share and got out before it was too late.”
"ARTPOP" was the first album released without his label in 2013.
Productions with Lady GagaEdit
He worked with Lady Gaga on the following song(s):
Songs from The Fame (2008):
- "Just Dance" (featured artist)
Songs currently unreleased:
Songs written for other artists:
- "Eyes On Me" (Tami Chynn - 2008)
- "Hypnotico" (Tami Chynn - 2008, Jennifer Lopez - 2011)
- "Killa Love Song" (Tami Chynn - 2008)